Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving here at the Nothern Stout home. Lizzy (LA LA) drove up from BYU Tuesday afternoon and helped Aaron finish the last of his projects and some things that I wasn't able to get to. My parents arrived late on Tuesday night and Lizzy and I picked them up from the airport. I was very happy that they could arrive so early in the week.
Wednesday my Mom and I started the Thanksgiving Day preparations. We made rolls, and 4 different pies. I was so excited to learn how to do these things because I have never made pies or rolls before. I would have to say that they turned out beautifully. Rada, John, Abu, and Josie arrived in the wee hours of Thursday morning. We ate later that evening so the early arrivals could sleep. The dinner was beautiful, simple, and delicious.
Aaron was able to carve his first Turkey, and it was finger lickin good.


Ethan loved eating pumpkin pie. He even asked Grandma Nelson to get him a piece out of the fridge and Grandpa Nelson willingly helped him eat it.

Ethan loved the new red ball Gandma brought him.

He loved to hangout at the bottom of the stairs and have Grandpa throw the ball up the stairs and laugh as it came back down.

There are so many things to be thankful for this year, but mostly we are thankful for our supportive families and friends and for the gospel to lead and guide us in our lives. We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving just like us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHW those pictures of Ethan with your parents are priceless. It looks as if your holiday was a great success. I love baking all those treats from scratch too and it sounds like you learned some new things too. Fun!

Unknown said...

Don't you love to see how much our parents love them? Ethan is, too cute! I am glad that he likes pie! He's quite the smart fellow! :D

Way to go, on all of your food. I wish she would teach me how to make pies... I might have to bribe her :) I have this awesome rolling pin, from Heather, that I hardly ever use :(
I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out :)
I'm sad that since Thanksgiving was up there, I probably won't see you or Ethan this holiday season :(