Thursday, December 11, 2008

27


On December 6th I turned 27. This Birthday was a little depressing for me. I know everyone is saying "oh stop complaining" but it was difficult for me. I just feel like that cute girl is gone and now I am becoming an old woman. But thanks to my wonderful family I ended up having an excellent birthday. I got some great gifts, and thoughtful cards, and this sweet laptop that I am typing on now. Aaron and I went to dinner with Kathy and Dan, then we went to the Christmas tree festival, and who can forget Cold Stone Icecream to top off the night. All in all I had a great birthday and I guess I will just have to come to terms with getting older and try to live each day to the fullest.
Getting my new CD (Miranda Lambert)
Ethan helping Momma opening her gifts.
Ethan having a tantrum while I opened my gifts.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are just too funny!!!! only in the church do women at 27 feel old! Most ladies that age are partying it up and feeling at the beginning of their prime! :)

You are beautiful and young! I am glad to hear that you had a fun and yummy birthday. I finally saw a minnie labtop. It looks so cool!

I am also glad to hear that Ethan isn't always perfect :D I was beginning to wonder what kind of mother I am :) It's a hard lesson to learn: that not all gifts are for them. Thomas has yet to learn that thanks to my family!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alice! It sounds like your day was awesome. Good friends, great food and gifts and a beautiful little boy to cheer you on! :) That picture is so cute of his little tantrum.

My opinion of the age thing is that you are a Mom. I swear that no matter what age you start at it ages you quicker and you just kind of lose your spunk. You still look adoreable!

Aaron said...

You're still younger than me!

Corene said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe I didn't call you. Trust me...you are still "that cute girl!"