Monday, October 14, 2013

Black Island Farms

 This year we went with Aaron's family to Black Island Farms to pick our pumpkins and have some Halloween fun.
 There were some giant pumpkins that were as big as the kids.
 Our 3 little pumpkin heads
 Ethan had a fun time sitting by his cousin Zach while riding out to the pumpkin patch.
 Ethan and Aurora both claiming their pumpkins.

 Landon decided he wanted a little green pumpkin.  He was so excited to take the tractor ride out to the pumpkin patch so that he could finally get his pumpkin.
 Ethan picked a huge pumpkin so he needed some help getting it back to the tractor.  Luckily for us the guy who worked there was willing to carry it back while Aaron was helping Landon with his pumpkin.
 Lily slept the whole time we were in the pumpkin patch.  She was a really good baby and loved sleeping in my arms.  My arm was ready to fall off by the time she woke up, but it was totally worth it.

 We also had a fun time in the corn mazes.  Uncle Nathan helped us weave through all the corn so that we wouldn't get to lost.

 Landon was such a trooper all day.  We thought that he just had a cold, but he really had strep and was running a high fever by the time we made it home.  Poor little guy.  Once we made it home it was apparent that we needed to see his Doctor and headed straight over to get him some medicine.

 There were lots of hay bail slides at the farm and also this really high pipe slide.  Ethan was his typical brave self and went down multiple times all by himself.  I am so amazed every day at what this kid is capable of and can do.
We had such a fun afternoon with our extended family and can't wait to do it again next year.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love it!
1. Landon's outfit is so stinkin' cute, and I love Ethan's shoes!
2. I love that Ethan ran to get the biggest pumpkin he could see.
3. I love that Landon chose the little green pumpkin. I bet that pumpkin was happy to be taken home.
4. That's so sad that Landon got strep throat. It's the worst infection around. It's amazing he wasn't throwing a fit. It must have come on suddenly.
5. I love the family picture. You guys are so cute.

J. said...

I agree with all Liz's comments. What a great time at the pumpkin patch. You guys are so fun!

J. said...

Also, Alice you look super cute! I wish I was as stylish you.