Saturday, April 13, 2013

Swim Lessons

 This year I was on top of things and signed the boys up for swim lessons.  Ethan and Landon both love to play and be in the water, and since their Grandparents and Nathan and Devanie all have pools I have really felt the need to get the boys to become better swimmers.
I signed the boys up at Layton surf and swim.  We have never been to this pool but it was very nice and the class sizes don't seem to be to big.

 The first day of swim lessons was very interesting.  Ethan was not very excited to go.  He kept telling me that he didn't want to take any swim lessons and was grumpy the whole way to the pool.  Landon on the other hand was so excited.  He told me all day that he was going to go swimming and was really excited all the way there.
When we finally arrived and were walking through the locker room to the pool area things had completely changed.  Ethan was starting to get more excited and Landon froze right in front of the doors that lead to the pool.  It was so sad to see him get so nervous.
Ethan did such a good job listening to his teacher and I can really see how far he has come.  He loves to put his face/body in the water and is swimming out to his teacher.
Landon on the other hand walked into the water with his class, but then cried the whole time.  It was sad and a little frustrating at the same time.  I wasn't sure if I should just leave him with his teacher crying or take him out so the teacher could focus more of the other kids.  I decided to take him out of the water so I could settle him down. After about 1 minute he was fine and smiling at me.  Then I would have to convince him to get back in and if you know Landon he is one stubborn little guy.  In our home it is usually Landon's way or no way.
For Landon our second day of lessons was no different.  He was so excited to go to swim lessons at the house, but as soon as class started the crying began.  I had him with me most of the time because he refused to get in the water until the last 5 minutes of class.  After that he decided that he would go with his class and he had such a big smile on his face.  Maybe by the end of all of his classes we can go to one full lesson.  Here's hoping.

1 comment:

J. said...

I was glad to hear he finally warned up to it. It's funny,I remember being really nervous walking down the street to our swim lessons when we were kids. I was always afraid I would drown, even though the teacher was there. Weird. I don't remember when I stopped feeling that way, but I did.