Saturday, April 27, 2013

Kathy's Baby Shower

 We have all been so excited about Kathy and Dan's pregnancy.  Kathy is having a baby girl,Just like me, and I can't wait for our little girls to become great friends and cousins.  Kathy is due in July about 1 month after me and since it is her first baby we, Grandma Stout and I,  knew she needed to have a baby shower.
 Carolee and I got things organized and invited the family from both sides to join in this exciting time for Kathy.  (I made Kathy a diaper cake, and if I do say so myself it turned out pretty well)
 We met at the club house, in Carolee's neighborhood, and had Kneaders bring in food (one of Kathy's favorite places to eat).  We wanted to keep things nice but simple at the same time.  I think we accomplished that and everyone seemed to have a great time celebrating this joyous occasion.




 Carolee had the same lady who made Kathy and Dan's wedding cake make her baby shower cake.  It was delicious and beautiful.  There was even some left for Kathy to take home to Dan.
 Marion, Kathy, and Suzie
 Shana and Carolee aka Grandma Stout







Kathy received some very nice gifts to help her and Dan on this chapter in their lives.  We know they will do an amazing job at raising the beautiful baby girl that God has entrusted to them.  I can't wait for our girls to meet.  Love ya  Kathy, and I hope you had as much fun at your shower as I did.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Alice,
Of course I had as much fun...undoubtedly more! I've been working on my thank-you cards slowly but surely...I have a lot of thanking to do. I can't wait for our girls to meet either. I know they will be best of friends! Love you!

J. said...

Looks like a blast. Kathy looks so cute! I'm so happy for her and Dan.