Thursday, January 28, 2010

Having Fun

All of my sister in laws have done this with their kids. They put either bird seed or rice in a large container and let their kids play in it. I decided to give it a try because we needed something else to do since we don't get to go outside to much.

I decided to do a mixture of bird seed and rice. Then we laid a bed sheet down on the kitchen floor and Ethan had such a fun time playing in it.

We got plastic cups, boats, measuring cups and spoons to play with. Ethan had a really good time.

Ethan was supposed to keep the stuff inside the container, but as you can see alot of it got onto the sheet. No problem though, I just put the sheet into the container and shook the rice/seed back in. Then we vacuumed any pieces that got away. It was a fun activity and we have been enjoying it ever since.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

That kid sure likes not wearing pants! Love you.

Corene said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to try it...just as soon as I muster up the energy to clean up the mess I know we'll have.