Sunday, September 8, 2013

Butterfly Museum

 This summer while in Phoenix, Josie found this really awesome museum to go to.  It is a butterfly museum and we got to see a really neat 3D movie about butterfly migration.  Immediately as we sat down Landon asked me where that popcorn and drinks were.  Maybe that means I take the kids to too many movies. 
 After the movie we went into a room where they had butterflies waiting to be hatched.  It was very neat to see all the different kinds. 
 After that we went in to the butterfly room, and WOW was this place amazing.  It was a room full of thousands of different kinds of butterflies and some of them landed on us.

 Lily has a butterfly on her leg.
 Butterfly's eating

 Butterfly on Landon's shirt and my shoulder.

Right before we were about to leave a butterfly finally landed on Ethan's head.  He was so happy he had been waiting patiently for one to say hi.
The butterfly's loved Abu.  a few minutes after going into the butterfly room they were landing on him.  Everyone was able to have a butterfly land on them except Josie.  Maybe next time Sis.  What a fun afternoon.  I am so glad we were able to go and learn about butterfly's and have fun with Grandma, Josie, and Abu.  

2 comments:

Deltha Nelson said...

Love these pictures. It was a really cool place

J. said...

Those butterflies sure didn't like me, but I'm glad everyone else had at least one land on them. I still had a great time. I love that picture of Landon trying to stand so still; his little belly poking out is the best!