Friday, May 31, 2013

Minecraft Birthday Party

 This year for Ethan's Birthday I decided to throw him a minecraft party.  He wanted to invite his cousins and some of his friends.  So with a group of 16 kids I started looking up different party ideas and there were some great ideas out there.
 We had creeper drinks
 Cheese sticks, apples, carrots, chicken nuggets, jello jigglers (blue) for water, and watermelon.
 I also made Ethan a creeper cake.  He really liked it and I had a fun time making it for him.
 For the games we played pin the tail on the Enderdragon.  The kids were so fun to watch while they tried to decided where to stick their tail, and the 4 closest got a prize.


 Next we played a game like musical chairs, but we used minecraft blocks to walk on.  Aaron put together minecraft songs that the kids could walk around the blocks to.

 Our last game was a pinata.  I made an enderman pinata and all the kids were able to hit it a couple of times.  I filled the head and the body with candy so once it broke there was a lot of candy to go around.




 All the kids sang Happy Birthday really loud and it was fun to hear all those voices singing to Ethan.  He has some really great friends.
I am so glad the party went so smoothly because I had just had our new baby 3 days before.  I guess planning the party 2 weeks before helped.
Happy Birthday Ethan!  I am so glad you liked your birthday party.  We sure are excited to see all the things you will accomplish this year.

2 comments:

J. said...

This looks like the best birthday a minecraft fan could ask for! What great parents you guys are!

Aaron said...

Kick-A party of the year! Good job Alice. Ethan is lucky to have such an awesome Momma.