Monday, May 27, 2013

38 weeks


Tuesday, May 21st started off like any normal day.  I got Ethan off to school and Landon and I got ready to go to my weekly Doctors appointment.  I was seeing a new Doctor because mine had her knee replaced the day before.  I was a little nervous, but had heard great things about Dr. Bierer.  The appointment went great and I had expressed my desire to have the baby sooner than later.  So Dr.  Bierer and I decided to strip my membranes.  Sometimes this gets labor started and sometimes it doesn't.  It worked for me.
Labor started about 5pm.  Landon and I took Ethan to his baseball game at 6:45 and by the time we arrived home I knew this was it.  I told Aaron that he should get the kids ready to go to his brothers and I finished up some things for Ethan's party and wiped the counter and table down.  Once all that was done we were off to the hospital.  The boys were excited, but a little nervous for mommy too.  It was very sweet at how concerned they were for me.  
 Once in my room I was able to get my epidural right away.  It was the best epidural so far.  My labor progressed and at 4:29am on Wednesday, May 22nd I had our beautiful baby girl Lily.  It was a very easy delivery.  I only had to push twice and she came into this world.
 She didn't cry to much and has been a great sleeper and eater.





 Lily has been our littlest baby.  Aaron was so excited to meet her.  She weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.  I forget how small newborns are and I have loved every moment of snuggling with her.

We are truly in love with our little girl, and we can't wait to see all the amazing things she will do.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

She is so tiny! That diaper looks too big! I am so excited to meet her, and see her cute little hands and toes. She's lucky to be born into such an awesome family! Best Mom and Dad ever, not to mention really cool older brothers!

J. said...

She is so sweet and adorable! Alice you look so cute, amid labor pains and on your way to the hospital. I love how you went to baseball cleaned the kitchen, so non-chalant as if child birth were no big deal. You are amazing! Can't wait to see you all!