Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Coloring Easter Eggs


This is the first year that we have dyed Easter Eggs as a family. I boiled a little over a dozen eggs, which I had to call and ask my mother how to do, and then let them cool for a day. Friday after work Aaron, the boys and I got our egg colors, vinegar, and spoons ready and had a great time coloring, writing on, and cracking a few eggs.

Landon was in heaven. He had a great time plopping the eggs in the colored liquid and watching it splash out of the sides. He also had a great time taking big spoonfuls of the dye and pouring it on the newspaper covering the table. I just kept thinking that it is ok to get messy and that everything can be wiped up or washed.

Ethan on the other hand was the complete opposite. He took great care not to make a big, huge mess. It was so fun to watch him dying his eggs so carefully. He dyed all of his eggs blue, of course, and even wrote his name on a couple of eggs with a white crayon. He was a little sad when all the eggs were gone which made me think for a moment that I should have boiled more eggs, until I looked again at his little brother and was happy to pick up the cups of dye and pour them down the drain. It was truly a wonderful evening and I hope next year will be just as memorable.

4 comments:

todd said...

You have the cutest children! Also, they're so opposite, it's hilarious. And Ethan is smiling without his pirate face!!! Next year I want to come!

todd said...

That was Lizzy, by the way.

Aaron said...

I just ate two of those eggs and now my fingers smell like vinegar! Good times!

J. said...

I love Landon's face in the last pictue, he looks so excited.
Don't worry, Abu had to teach me to make hardboiled eggs too.
It's a good thing you didn't make more than a dozen, who would eat all those eggs?!