Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 4th 2010

We had a great 4th of July this year. We started the day off at the Cherry Day's parade. Ethan had great time seeing the fire trucks, floats, and collecting candy.










Even though Landon missed his morning nap he was still such a good boy. I bought him this hat and I think he looks so cute in it.





After the parade we headed home for naps and to get ready for our party. We had a great dinner and the kids had a fabulous time playing on the play set in the back yard. After dinner we headed out front for our annual balloon launching contest. It was a BLAST!!! Many of our neighbors came over to see if they could get in on the fun too, and lots of cars stopped to watch, it was pretty funny.








Our friends the Snow's came over to help us celebrate. They have the cutest kids, and Ethan loves to play with them.


Every year we shoot off army men fire works. All the kids chase after them and try to catch them, it is tons of fun watching the kids run around trying to see where they will land.

Ethan loved the Sparklers this year and made great shapes with them.







This year we had a glow stick decorating competition. I think it was a tie between Kak and Joe. Everyone really got into it. We had such a great time that I think we will do it every year.


The Three Amigos!

Thanks everyone for coming up to celebrate with us. We sure love having the 4th of July at our house, and hope to make many more memories as the years go on.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

That glow stick contest is genius! Looks like it was so much fun, I wish I'd been there!

Anonymous said...

Oh I so agree! I think we might borrow that idea next year. My kids love those things.

Aaron said...

Tons of fun! Thanks. BTS, that's kind of a creepy picture of Landon. I'm just sayin'...

Aaron said...

Ops. That's supposed to say BTW, not "BTS!" You may need to buy me a dialing wand. My fingers are getting so fat I can't hit the right letters on my keyboard.