Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dermatology update

I went to the Dermatologist yesterday to get the results of my biopsy's, and to get the other mole taken off my toe. The mole was nothing, but that bump under my eye was Basal Cell Carcinoma. My Dermatologist is sending me to a surgeon who will take the rest of the carcinoma off from under my eye. I am not really concerned, because we caught it early, so I hope that only a little more tissue will be removed and that I will not have a huge scar under my eye. I am now wearing an SPF 30 moisturizer instead of a 15, and am urging my family (Aaron) and friends to wear sunscreen daily and not just to the beach or the pool.

4 comments:

Deltha Nelson said...

That is great advice Alice. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself.

Breea said...

I am so glad you went in and got it checked early!

Kathryn said...

Yikes, Alice! So glad you caught it early...makes me want to go get a few of my own moles checked out. Hope your scarring is minimal. I'll be checking my facial lotion.

Corene said...

Wow...I'm so glad you got that checked! And great advice on the sunscreen. I need to do better about lathering up the kids before sending them outside to play.