Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crazy day

Today was a strange/crazy day. It rained most of last night but this morning the sun began to shine. I was very excited because Ethan had a play date with some of his friends this afternoon. Around 2 it started to rain again and boy did it start to rain! It rained and then that rain turned into hail, and then our power went out. It was kind of nice opening the front door and listening to it hail, but I was also praying that our basement wouldn't flood.



While the power was out I decided to mop the floor. Just as I was finishing Ethan came back from playing with his friends, and the power came back on. He wanted a Popsicle so I got him one to eat at the kitchen table while I took care of Landon. When he was finished he came back into the living room where I was playing with Landon. I returned to the kitchen to find this


Why are there always spills right after I mop the floor.

Also, I broke the glass on one of Aaron's Elway pictures, and as I was going to the garbage to through the glass away it fell out of my hands and broke into even smaller pieces, so I had to pick it all up again and in the process stabbed myself two times. It really hurt.


Ethan and I also butted heads today. He sat in time out twice for yelling and trying to hit me. He is usually not like that, but every now and then he has his moments. I guess it is part of growing up and learning how to treat other people.

So needless to say I am glad that both the boys are in bed and that I have a few moments to relax.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I thought you were jealous of my man crush on Elway.

Sorry about Ethan being a crump. Hopefully, I'll be home earlier tonight.

Love you.

Aaron said...

Crump? Grump...