Saturday, November 28, 2009

Protective Brother


Ethan loves his baby brother. Every morning he gets up and asks to see Baby Landon. It is so fun to hear him say that.
The other morning I was feeding Landon and Ethan asked what I was doing. I proceeded to tell him that little babies get milk from their mommy's. He was very weirded out by it and told me that "that's enough". It was pretty hilarious.

Landon has jaundice. His bilirubin numbers were getting high so our pediatrician put him on lights that help get the bilirubin out of his system. He has to be on them at all times, which makes it difficult to snuggle him, but it is only for a couple of days.
I took Ethan with me to one of Landon's appointments to get his bilirubin levels checked. When the nurse came in Ethan was curious about what was going to happen. She poked Landon's heal and of course he started to cry. Ethan looked at me and then at the nurse, clenched his fists and told the nurse to stop hurting his brother. It was so cute, he kept telling the nurse to stop. I told Ethan that it was ok and to comfort Landon by petting his head and telling him that it's ok. He is such a good brother.

We sure are having a wonderful time with our new little man. I am glad that Ethan loves his little brother so much, and if you come to see him you will know why we all love him too.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Nice job guys. He is beautiful!!! I love the sibling bonding and hope it lasts forever. Such a cute moment to share.

Corene said...

Ethan is the best big brother! Keira keeps asking for a baby brother like Ethan. I guess Ryder is too big to be a baby brother.

Chris said...

Betcha they'll grow up being the best of friends. So nice!