Friday, September 4, 2009

Missing You!

My wonderful husband has been gone this week. He has been hiking the Grand Canyon with my Dad, and won't return until late Saturday night. The first couple of days were ok, but last night was not a good night. Usually when Aaron is out of town I can call him a million times during the day, but there is no cell phone service where he is so we haven't been able to talk all week. I have missed him very much. I know this is strange, but I felt last night like my heart was hurting. I guess sometimes you never know how much you really love someone until you can't see/speak to them anymore. So needless to say Ethan and I are very very excited to see him.


While Aaron has been gone Ethan and I have been keeping ourselves entertained. We have been going to parks, and playing with Coulson (Ethan's friend). We also went to see Lizzy today. Before Aaron left he introduced Ethan to the movie Star Wars, so this morning Ethan insisted on watching it. He was totally zoned out that I had to take a picture. Ethan is truely a mini Aaron, even though his daddy doesn't agree.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

fun for aaron, not so fun for you
:(
but I am glad to hear that you have been able to spend some time with Lizzy :D

How are you feeling? arent't you almost due?

Deltha Nelson said...

Alice - I'm feeling the same way. I hope the guys are all safe and have enjoyed their hike. The Grand Canyon, as you know, is a fabulous place, but relentless in the physical and mental demands it makes on its hikers. All who do it come back changed. I am hoping that Todd's renewed strength will rub off on me when he and Aaron return.
Star Wars is maybe how Ethan is connecting with his daddy while he's gone.

Aaron said...

I'm home! I missed you guys very much. Glad I get to be with you again. Love you both very much.